IT SHALL BE WELL WITH THE RIGHTEOUS
Glory greetings in the precious name of Jesus Christ.
The month of September has been a most awesome one with diverse testimonies of healings, deliverances and special miracles all across our churches worldwide. For example, someone testified here at Faith Tabernacle of HIV plague turned negative with medical report to show, another man testified of instant deliverance from impotency after 20 years during our miracle praise of last Sunday.
To God alone be all the glory!
All through scriptures, righteousness has proved to be the foundation for all round fruitfulness and all round breakthroughs. This is because the righteous is entitled to the following among others:
- Divine Favour (Ps5:12,Ps 30:5-7),
- Divine Protection(Ps 125:1-3),
- Supernatural Deliverance (Ps 34:19),
- Supernatural Promotion (Pro 14:34, Dan 6:1-5, Gen 41:38-44/ Gen 42:18)
- Divine Honour (2Tim2:19-21),
- Supernatural Breakthrough (Job 1:1-3, Job 29:3-18/ Mal 3:1-5)
- Divine Health (Mk 2:1-12/ Jn 5:1-8/14)
- Divine Revelation (Ps 25:14, Job 1:1-5/Job 29:13, Pro 1:23, Mk 4:11/Rev 22:15, Is 60:1-22/ Jn 1:1-9)
- Fresh Unction(Lk 5:37-38, Ps 92:10-18, Ps 45:6-8, Ps 66:3/ Ps 110:1-3, Act 19:13-17)
- Answered Prayers (Is 59:2,Is 66:18-20, 1Thess 2:10/Act 16:25-30)
- Prosperity with Posterity (Ps 112:1-9, Ps 92:12-15, Pro 20:7, Gen 18:6-9),
- and above all Eternity with Christ (1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21/ Eph 5:5-8)
All that life would ever demand both in the now and hereafter are fully covered in the benefits of righteousness listed above.
All the above is the reason why we are constantly in a spiritual conflict at all times. (Eph 6:10-12). Satan wants us robbed of the amazing blessings of righteousness. In fact, there is a spiritual war over the life of every believer 24 hours of everyday. (Lk 22:31/ 2Cor 10:3-5).
Therefore we must stay spiritually awake at all times because if we surrender to the spirit of slumber we shall become vulnerable to all these forces of filthiness (Matt 13:23-28/ Eph 5:14).
According to scriptures, there is a mystery of iniquity (2 Thess 2:3-10/ Matt 16,19, Lk 22:3)
But thank God there is the greater mystery of godliness. This implies that the mystery of godliness is greater than the mystery of iniquity and just like the rod of Moses, it has the power to swallow up the mystery iniquity – 1Tim 3:16
What is the Mystery of Iniquity?
It is the working of satan with all deceivableness of unrighteousness. It is simply satan working unrighteousness in and through man. (2Thess 2:10)
For instance, we have the following agents of sin in scriptures:
- Unclean spirits – Matt 10:1, Mk 5:1-15,
- Lying spirit, 1Kg 22:22-23
- spirit of bondage or addiction – Rom 8:15, spirit of
- whoredom (sexual immorality) – Hos 5:1-4
- spirit of the world (i.e .lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life) -1Cor2:12/ 1Jn 2:15-17.
Therefore there is no natural way of overcoming these forces of hell except by engaging the forces of the Spirit, as it is written;
“..if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” Rom 8:13
All the forces listed above are controlling powers that can only be conquered by the following counter forces as entrenched in scriptures:
- The power of the Holy Ghost – Is 59:19, Jn 16:22-23, Mal 3:1-3
- The power of the word of God – Jn 17:17/ Ps 119:9-11, Matt 4:1-14,
- Prayer and Fasting – Matt 26:41,Is 58:6-8/ Matt 17:21, Rom 8:26, Jude 20,
- The Blood of Jesus – Rom 5:8-9, Heb 9:14, Rev 12:11, Zach 9:11-12
Remember, righteousness is not just who we are in Christ but also what we do to prove who we are. This is why we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (1Jn 3:7/ Phil 2:12, Matt 7:16-21)And this is the reason why the war against filthiness is the fiercest war believers face. (Heb 12:1-4)
On the other hand, we recognize that righteousness is at the root of our dignity, nobility and royalty in Christ and that at the foundation of fruitful, enviable and impactful life in the Kingdom is righteousness. (Dan 3:10-30/ Dan 6:6-28, 2Tim 2:19-21)
Furthermore, the Bible asserts that ‘holiness is beautiful; holiness is glorious and that righteousness is most rewarding’ -2Chr 20:21/ Ex 15:11/Ps 92:12-15/ Is 32:17-19
This is why the prophetic focus for October 2012 is:
“It shall be well with the RIGHTEOUS” – Is 3:10
This is the agenda of the Holy Spirit for us in the Winners family this month.
If God said: “Be ye holy for I am Holy…” (Lev 11:44-45/ 1Pet 1:16) then we can be holy.
If Christ said: “Be ye perfect as your heavenly father is perfect..” (Matt 5:48), then we can be perfect. God cannot tell us to be what He has not empowered us to be because His commandments are not grievous (1 Jn 5:3).
Therefore, to satan and all of the unclean spirits from the pit of hell, every Winner must rise to say this month, Enough Is Enough – stay now your hand of uncleanliness, filthiness, immorality and everything that displeases God in my life and family in Jesus name.
I believe that this is also one way to prepare ourselves for the ‘Double Portion’ encounter reserved for us at Shiloh 2012.
Jesus is Lord!
Recommended books of the month authored by Bishop David O. Oyedepo include:
- Walking in the Newness of Life
- Conquering Controlling Powers
- The Blood Triumph
Remain ever Blessed.
Bishop David O. Oyedepo